A menstrual cycle is a cycle from the first day of your period to the first day of your next cycle, summing up to 28 days. However, it may vary from person to person and month to month. You can still have your regular periods every 24 to 38 days. Periods become irregular when the time changes between the last period of your first cycle and the first period of your next cycle. This may bring many changes to your body, earlier or later. You may get many of the home remedies for irregular periods. Treatment of irregular periods depends on how your monthly cycle works. If you or anyone you know is going through adverse body changes because of irregular periods, you can consider talking to the experts of Sunshine Hospital Hyderabad.
What can bring irregular periods to your body?
There can be a variety of reasons for irregular periods. You may experience lesser menstrual flow. Despite this, there can be heavy, irregular, prolonged, and no periods at all. This is known as menorrhagia. Common symptoms may live as long as 7 days and the bleeding may change from heavy to light, causing a change in the productivity of your body. The common causes of menorrhagia may include:
- Medications: Certain medications can bring change in your bleeding pattern. Heavy bleeding is the side effect of using birth control pills.
- Hormone imbalances: There can be excessive release in the hormones that can bring an imbalance in the production of estrogen or estrogen- the hormones which are responsible for heavy bleeding. This hormonal imbalance can make you approach menopause faster than the required age.
- Medical conditions: Certain medical conditions like pelvic inflammatory disease (PID), inherited blood disorders, endometriosis, benign growths, and cancers can bring menstrual irregularity.
What are the best home remedies for irregular periods?
Yoga can help have the treatment of menstrual flow. If you perform 30 to 40 minutes of yoga every day for 6 months, it can bring regularity to your menstrual flow. Yoga can also help you reduce menstrual pain and emotional symptoms associated with menstruation. There is a medical condition known as primary dysmenorrhea which can bring extreme pain during menstruation periods. It can affect women of their reproductive age. Yoga helps to bring down the symptoms of primary dysmenorrhea. Also, it helps you tackle the symptoms of anxiety, and depression, and improve your quality of life.
Try to maintain a healthy body weight
Changes in your body can affect how you menstruate. If you have a heavy body, you can try losing your body weight. It is one of the best home remedies for irregular periods and works for every woman. In general, people who experience irregular periods are often obese. This is because of the large production of fat cells and the pressure of hormones in their body. If you are trying to lose weight, you can talk to your doctor regarding the same. Losing weight can also help you socially and physically along with bringing regularity to your menstrual cycle.
Have a little bit of exercise session daily
Exercise helps you with several benefits. Once you start reaching your moderate weight, you may start losing the symptoms of PCOS and may also bring changes concerning your irregular periods. Exercise can help you with the symptoms of primary dysmenorrhea. This works by reducing the intensity and duration of pain during your menstrual flow or cycle.
Add some antioxidants to your diet
Ginger is one of the best home remedies for irregular periods that can affect you both biologically and scientifically. It can bring effective changes in your body as far as menstruation is concerned. Ginger can also help you bring down the heavy menstrual bleeding and change it to normal. If you consume nearly 750 grams of ginger in your food for the first 3 or 4 days of your periods, you can gain effective treatment for painful periods. Ginger affects your mood, physical changes, behavioral symptoms, and premenstrual syndrome (PMS).
Add some cinnamon to your food
Cinnamon appears to have some exceptional benefits for your menstrual issues. It helps to regulate the menstrual cycle and helps women in treating PCOS. Despite these, cinnamon produces a possible effect on the reduction in menstrual pain and excessive bleeding. It is one of the proven treatments for nausea and vomiting and the symptoms associated with primary dysmenorrhea. It is one of the safe and effective ways to treat PCOS, especially for young women and for those who are suffering from primary dysmenorrhea.
Get your daily dose of vitamins
Low levels of vitamin D can bring irregularities in the menstrual cycle. It can make you go through irregular periods along with deficiency. It is better to consume regular doses of vitamin D if you have missed your periods.
- Vitamins help to control the flow of the menstrual cycle during PCOS. Vitamin D is often added to many foods like milk, and other dairy products or cereals.
- If you lack the efficient amount of vitamin D, you can have an intake of vitamins along with sunlight- which is one of the huge sources of vitamin D.
- While women are trying to conceive, they are often suggested to have vitamin B. It may also help them to regulate the flow of their menstrual cycle and regular periods flow.
- Vitamin B also lowers the risk of premenstrual symptoms. You can also look for the type of food that are good sources of vitamin B, that significantly help to combat the symptoms of PMS.
If you are taking regular doses of your vitamins, including daily calcium doses, you can reduce the PMS symptoms. You can purchase the bulk of these supplements from reputable sources. You can also talk to your doctor regarding the same and may get the required supplements as necessary. Try to provide complete information to your doctor. Also, if you are not feeling comfortable, it is better to seek help from any female doctor.